Find Budget Travel
Web sites such as Travelzoo.com and budgettravel.com are a wealth of information.
For you spontaneous, just-need-to-get-away types, you can find rock-bottom priced airfare on the major airlines, who release last-minute sale fares on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays for travel in the days and weeks ahead. Another way to save on airfare: fly midweek.
And what about accommodations?
1. If you’re a military serviceman or veteran, you can stay at military bases around the world for very little money. Go to Military.com to learn more
2. Private homes. Go to flat-share.com to find an apartment in England, France or Greece.
3. University and college dorm rooms. It’s not glamorous or spacious, but it’s a money-saver. Check with universities in the city you plan to visit to find out more.
4. Farms. Agra-tourism is a growing business, and you can find farms to stay at in Europe (ben’sbauerhof.com) and New Zealand (glenmacfarmstay.com).
5. Campgrounds. This may be your best bet if you have a love of the great outdoors and don’t mind sleeping in a tent.
6. Bed and breakfasts. These can be especially cost-effective if you choose one in a smaller town near your destination city.
Hope these tips will help you when you visit #BLUERIDGE